MARUF PhD Showcase aims to give PhD candidates a ground for verbally presenting their PhD projects in English within less than three minutes.
Submissions are available by 23 August 2019; please send your abstracts via ‘MARUF PhD Showcase’ application form. Click for the application form.
Not exceeding 250 words, abstracts are expected to address at least one of the following forum themes:
• City Networks
• Environment and Climate Change
• Housing and Built Environment
• Local Development
• Public Space
• Social Inclusion
• Transport and Mobility
• Urban Infrastructure
• Urban Technologies and Innovation
Successful submissions will be notified on 10th September 2019.
Rules of the PhD Showcase
• The language of presentation is English.
• A maximum of three minutes is the time limit and exceeding the limit will result in disqualification.
• Slide transitions, animations, or ‘movement’ are not allowed; only a single-static PowerPoint slide is permitted.
• Presentations must be given orally.
• Such additional props as laser pointers, costumes, musical instruments, notes, cue cards, sound and video files are not allowed.
• The jury starts the time when competitors commence their presentations either through gesture or speech.
Assessment and Awarding
• The panel of judges will be comprised of academics, local managers and mayors and audience.
• Successful presentations will be determined by the votes of the jury and audience and the winner will be announced immediately afterwards.
• An award of $500 will be granted to the winner.